Ruth Schmuff just showed off a student's new Kimberly Santini rabbit, stitched with a Brenda Hart technique of covering a highly detailed and shaded canvas with little boxes. This was stitched with a doubled strand of Accentuate. Ruth even includes a stitch diagram.
Here is another canvas stitched using Brenda's simple boxed stitch technique. This will give you an idea of the type of canvas that looks best stitched this way and shows off how the stitch changes in the light to diamonds instead of squares. I think this was stitched with a thin gold metallic.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright October 13, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash