Sue ordered a new aficot and shows it off on her website. Sounds like a disease, doesn't it? But it isn't--it's a special sort of laying tool.
If this intrigues you, follow the links to Mary Corbet's website for the history and use of aficots and then go to M&H Handcrafts to order your own.
I think the mesquite one is gorgeous! Oh, don't miss looking at the laying tools. I like the barley twist style, and the bone stiletto is just lovely....
Ten enabling points to Sue!
(By the way, Ridgewood has a silver mellore on sale at half price while we are looking at exotic tools that are used for laying threads. Mellores are for gold work, by the way.)
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 4, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash