Today's history lesson is about Kreinik's braids and blending filament.
Do you remember the first time you saw Kreinik's metallic threads? I do. It was around 1987-88 when I saw gold braid, probably size 8, in Boston at the WEIU needlepoint shop on Boylston Street. It was a revelation as the only needlepoint thread I'd seen up to that time was Appleton crewel wool and Paternayan wool.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright November 4, 2015 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash