I've heard about Tony Minieri's repousse' technique and seen photos of it but I never have tried it.
So I was quite excited to see Tracy Franklin talking about something similar she calls trailing. She posts lots of hints, too! I am not sure they are exactly the same, but if you wish to create a dimensional couched line, this is something to try.
If you are curious about Tracy's Crathorne bug project, click on the title header and scroll down until you find the November 13 entry where she starts working on this original project.
UPDATE: I think Tracy's technique isn't actually repousse. Here's a tutorial by Ruth Schmuff.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright December 24, 2014 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash