Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Online Animated Stitch Diagrams

It's been a while since I've mentioned StitchGuild.com, the home of over 150 animated stitch diagrams. Personally I find it a bit hard to navigate but that doesn't mean it isn't wonderful, just that I don't understand how to move around it well.  It has nice touches like the ability to search for stitches according to coverage, complexity or how fast they work up.  This is unique as far as I know.
http://stitchguild.com

Anyone who prefers to see a stitch in action instead of looking at numbered (or unnumbered) diagrams should bookmark Stitch Guild.  Everyone else should bookmark it, too--it's invaluable.

By the way, I maintain a list of stitch and thread information resources at the bottom of Blog. You'll have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find the links, though.  Let me know if you find any dead links, please.  I haven't had the time to personally check everything in several years.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright September 28, 2014 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had a difficult time navigating the stitchguide.com site. Through promptly answered communications with the site designer, I learned that in order to view(scroll) the long list of stitches, a touch screen device (e.g. iPad, iPhone) is necessary. Hope this helps.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It does explain a lot, Anon. I visit via desktop computer, not a smart phone or tablet. Wonder if this is a good enough excuse to invest in a new iPhone? LOL Seriously, thanks for the information.