Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nimble Needle Goes to the Birds

Nimble Needle has nighlighted several birds canvases that are new to the shop (and one classic that probably is going to be harder to find).  Whether you are a bird lover or not, you'll enjoy seeing the variety of styles that birds have inspired in needlepoint designers.
http://thenimbleneedle.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-books-new-birds.html

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
@ Copyright 2013 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Karen Milano said...

Hi Jane, Melita just shared with me your mention of my bird post. The classic, is this the Gooney Bird? If so I think I'm naive. I love Diane O'leary designs and thought what a nice one this was, with a stitch guide too! Happened to be a very nice guide, especially by todays standards. Well Maxine bought the Gooney bird tonight with threads. She mentioned she thought it had been discontinued which led me to thinking it could be considered the classic? You and Maxine are veterans to the needlepoint world. Thank you to Cassie and Nandra for sharing the work of Diane O'leary.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Actually, I was thinking of HP's peacock when I wrote this. (Blog articles are written weeks in advance very often.) I had heard about HP Designs' retirement but not yet that Amanda Lawford had purchased at least the boxes part of their company.

The Diane O'Leary is a classic, though. It's been available a while and I've seen a lot of folks stitch it. I think Brenda Hart did a guide for it perhaps 7-8 years ago. Bet it is wonderful. Brenda is TALENTED.