Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Petitpoint in Vienna

Somewhere on the World Wide Web yesterday I ran across a mention of this Viennese shop that sells petitpoint pieces. I didn't make note of who mentioned it as I was sure I would remember. Oops!

Thanks, whoever you are.

The items for sale are traditional petitipoint, worked in the Berlin woolwork style.

Enjoy browsing the goods. I can't get any of the photos to enlarge but maybe your machine will work better with the site.  I was eager to see the hand mirrors better since my Day of the Dead lady has one in her bony hand but alas, the site doesn't like my Mac.
http://www.petitpoint.eu/english/aboutus.html

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working in Firefox, if you right-click and open the image in a new tab, you can see it enlarged.

Nancy L said...

Happy New Year, Jane! Thank you for your continuing inspiration and education for stitchers everywhere. You're a treasured resource and friend.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you, Nancy! That was a very nice thing to say and it is much appreciated.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the tip, Anon. I don't use Firefox because it doesn't play nice with my computer but this will help other folks who can use it.

MeganH said...

I'd like to do a mirror too. Pinned one of the images to Pinterest, and got a larger image that way. Still not big enough to really appreciate what I'm sure are lovely details tho. Going to do Berlin work one day....

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You'll do great with Berlin style needlepoint. It is great fun but all that basketweave/tent stitch/etc. is technically hard.