Friday, November 2, 2012

Katherine Goes Scrooge

Now that Christmas is looming ahead (and advancing with the speed of a freight train!) Katherine is feeling guilty about not gifting needlepoint to those who don't appreciate it.
http://bootsandbeads.blogspot.com/2012/10/stingy-stitcher.html

Me, I don't give things to folks who don't appreciate them.  Just call me Scrooge!

What do you guys think?

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

4 comments:

LIZ said...

For the most part, I don't give gifts AT ALL to those who don't seem to appreciate it! Or at least let me know they received it!
That said, I do it anyway sometimes. There are very few people to whom we give gifts. Those few often receive needlepoint because, well, that is what I do!!!!!! I enjoy the making and the giving, and the reduction of things in my closet. Anymore, I don't really care what the recipient thinks, as long as they tell me they like it! It's OK with me if they lie (LOL).

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You are right, I do give NP gifts sometimes to those who never acknowledge the gift or even let us know it has arrived. Prime example: gifts for Beloved's grandkids. I think they deserve hand made unique items even if they haven't been taught to say thank you.

Sandy said...

I don't give stitched gifts to anyone who doesn't appreciate the work that I've put into it. So my gift list is pretty limited to family members. Not a Scrooge at all - you are selective and reward those that are special.

Sandy

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Amen!