Friday, August 3, 2012

River Silks Recommends UPDATED

River Silks gets lots of folks asking what paint to use to draw on their ribbons. Truly, this question never occurred to me, but I mostly use their narrow 4mm ribbon, not the monster 13mm size.  But when I see them demonstrate how to use Viva Pens, I start to get Ideas.  What about you?
http://www.riversilks.com/wordpress/?p=1184

Pat just commented that the link comes up as 404 Not Found for her and when I tested it, the same happens for me.  I went to their blog and looked, and the article is totally gone!  Sorry.  I don't know if they removed it for some reason or if their blog is acting up, but the article has disappeared.  This is just a reminder that nothing is forever on the Internet.

UPDATE:  Jill says she is going to redo the article with more pen brands when she has some time, hopefully later in August.  Stay tuned!  I'll let everyone know as soon as Jill does more research.


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

3 comments:

NCPat said...

Jane, I am not seeing it....comes up as not found for me

Jill said...

Sorry, that blog post has been removed. We will be publishing another one with a more variety of pens after the R&D is done. That also means I need to be in town long enough to sit down in the studio and do it. Hopefully, August will allow that. Thanks for your patience.

Jill K Dutcher
River Silks Ltd

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Darn, darn, darn! But at least Jill is going to redo it. Hurrah! Good luck with more free time, Jill, and thanks for making me think outside of The Box.