Friday, February 24, 2012

Odds and Ends

I'm sitting catching my breath at the laptop this morning, trying to summarize a few little things that are happening here on the Internet. Some days I feel like a billboard, but it seems useful to have a "newspaper" where you can find out the news in the NP World, so I guess I'm it, at least for now.  So let's get started!

I put the Beauty and the Bored canvas up again as Canvas of the Day.  It's so charming, I just wanted to see it again.  Maybe we can convince A Dragon's Tale to paint more?  It's not on her website, just on her Etsy page.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89972530/needlepoint-canvas-redhead-with-cat-sale?ref=pr_faveitems

The poll about which type of slide show you prefer is up for one more day.  Please vote if you haven't, since it looks like the clickable URL slide show is a clear favorite.  If you disagree, make sure you say so.   Here is the Blog entry that shows both types of slide shows.
http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com/2012/02/missing-sheep-and-her-kin.html

Melissa Shirley Designs is posting the new stitch guides available from Laura Taylor of Aristeia on their Facebook page.  If you have an account wander over and check it out.

BeStitched Needlepoint has posted a photo of their new small tool bags ($33) on their Facebook page.  They are 9x7 inches with a zipper on the top and feature Day of the Dead fabric.  (LOL)  If you don't have a Facebook account but are interested,  contact information is in the link below.  I'm sure they'll send you a photo to help you pick just the right Día de los Muertos design to keep your threads or tools in.
http://bestitchedneedlepoint.com/blog/

The Loretta Spears site is pretty complete.  I'm still adding things here and there to past entries, so the top blog entry is a list of the updates.  I think I'l add a link after each update so folks don't have to search but that won't happen until tonight.  Remember, I still want photographs of finished pieces, materials lists, publication dates, help finding errors, information about items that are missing from the list, etc.  Check it out at the link below and then email me at LorettaSpearsDesigns@gmail.com with any help you can offer.  Thanks!
http://lorettaspears.blogspot.com/


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

7 comments:

LIZ said...

You are a busy lady! How do you find time to stitch? Thanks for all the information you give us.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Liz, I collect this stuff for several weeks before publishing. It's just a routine, which makes it easier than trying to do it all at once.

jansim03 said...

Lucky me!!! I purchased that darling Beautiful and Bored canvas!!!! Whoo Hoo!! Thank you for all you do Jane!! I just love you, and your site is my Go to site for information! And then, I next visit Stitcherie, and get into lots, and lots of trouble! Ha!!
Janet

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

We aim to please, Janet. Bet you have great fun with your new canvas. Make sure you show off progress on Stitcherie, ok? I am dying to see what you do with The Beauty and the Bored. I think it's a wonderfully fun canvas.

jansim03 said...

Thank you Jane, I am not sure what I will do with her yet! I just loved everything about her! Since I am exactly a one year old stitcher, I might need to consult the Stitcherie gang for ideas! And, that means you too!!!! Whoo Hoo!! I can't wait to see it in person! Be on the look out sometime in the future!
Again, thank you for being a true friend to the needlepoint community!
Janet

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

We'll all put our heads together and come up with some great ideas for your Beautiful and Bored canvas. It is just too much fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the great info you provide for us. I wouldn't know even half of what is going on in the needlepoint world without you. Thanks, Jane! Debby