Sunday, January 8, 2012

Woodlawn Plantation Needlework Exhibit 2012 UPDATED

For several weeks now I've been hearing that the March 2012 Woodlawn Plantation needlework has been cancelled as the building is undergoing renovation. I certainly haven't received the brochure for the next exhibit, which normally I have done by now since the deadline for turning in items is in the first half of February.  The latest I've heard is that Nelly's Needlers are negotiating with the trustees to have the exhibit in late April-early May, but no word yet on whether that will happen. Supposedly information will be posted on the Woodlawn Plantation website but I don't see anything there. I think it is very likely there won't be an exhibit this year.
http://woodlawn1805.org/

UPDATE:  I am wrong.  They are having the exhibit but not until May-June so the renovation is over. HURRAH!
http://www.needlenookoflajolla.com/storedir/proddetail.php?prod=m934&cat=44


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

3 comments:

maggie bunch said...

Unfortunately, bad news travels fast. Maybe I can help slow it down?
No, the Exhibition is not happening in March. The ACTING DIRECTOR is working with the TRUST and the contractor and I am working with the Acting Director to set dates for a May Show.
The Nellys do not have a say in whether the Show goes on or not. This is a HOUSE/TRUST decision.
The good news is the west facing windows are being refurbished. If that improvement means a delay in the Show, I'll take the delay.
maggie bunch

Anonymous said...

This would be a shame. I've entered for several years now, and have loved reading your reviews of the show. I haven't received my entry information yet, either, but obviously didn't think anything of it.

I hope they are able to reschedule for 2012, but if not, it gives me time to stitch some really good stuff for 2013...

Carol S.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Maggie, thanks for the update. I do hope that the renovation sticks to the schedule and you are able to just move the needlework exhibit to another month. I understand that Nelly's Needlers have no say (but I bet they have some influence as this is a big fund raiser) in the final decision. If it has to be skipped this year, so be it. The building does need work and obviously a needlework show can't be held when that work is going on. Do let us know how things turn out.