Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stitch of the Month Projects on Display

SOTM 2002 "Berryville" by Carole Lake
With ANG's Stitch of the Month (SOTM) project starting for 2012, it is appropriate that folks are posting photographs of their finished SOTM projects for 2010 and 2011.  This is what Liz did for 2011--
http://lizartblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/sotm-2011-finished.html

Melita just got her 2010 project framed.  I think it is very interesting that both women went with neutrals like black, brown and gray.   I think their color choices make the stitches the star of the show, not the colors.
http://melitastitches4fun.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/ang-stitch-of-the-month-2010-framed/

Here is Gemma's 2011 project.  I think she used the original colors that the designer Ro Pace choose.
http://polskineedlepoint.blogspot.com/2011/12/foi-grudzien-gemma-zakonczenie.html

If you aren't familiar with the American Needlepoint Guild's SOTM program, check out their website.  
http://www.needlepoint.org/Stitch.php

ANG started the SOTM program in 1998.  Each year's stitches and project are still available for your stitching pleasure.  My very favorite is Berryville (shown above).  Did you know the project name is a joke?  Carole Lake named her contribution Berryville because it contains the Chilly Hollow stitch.  Why is that funny?  The CH Stitch was named for me and I live in Berryville!  I find that hilarious.  You might think I am prejudiced to like Berryville best until you see how pretty Berryville is all stitched up.


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

Oooh, Berryville is where we bought our horse trailer! And, I remember when the magazine, "The Chronicle of the Horse" was published in Berryville, which led me to imagine that it was a very chic, very cool place.

G G said...

I am very pleased that my work has been noticed so far from my country - Poland. Thank you for that.
I just want to clarify that I used embroidery floss and fabric, as follows:
Linda Fabric 27 ct.
Muline DMC: 94, 115, 814, 976, 3052, 4128, and Rayon 30676, glitter E 130th
Gloriana Threads - Flowers of Italy No. 194th

This was my second job in Needlepoint.

btw, I write the translator google, I'm sorry if something is badly translated.

Very warm greetings, Gemma

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gemma, it is a pleasure to visit your website and enjoy your Stitch of the Month projects. You may be in Poland, but you have many American fans!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Small world, Judy! I can't say we are chic or cool but there is certainly a nice horse community all around us, extending over the mountain to Upperville and Middleburg, which are certainly both cool AND chic!

There's going to be a new needlepoint store in Middleburg soon I hear. Can't wait! It's an hour drive but a lovely drive through horse country.

Carol said...

Lovely colour choices for Berryville. How special to have a stitch named after you. I agree the SOTM is a great idea. Congratulations to the ANG.Happy stitching Jane.