Sunday, August 21, 2011

Halloween Bonus

Nancy's Haunted House
While Nancy and I were talking about Tom Turkey's progress, she was also stitching the Kelly Clark Haunted House that Amy Bunger offered as a Home Study last year.  This is the house that the little Halloweenies figures hang out in.  Amy allowed folks to sign up for the figures and the house separately if they wished. Because the house is large, Nancy decided she only had time to stitch it.  And stitch it she did!


The Halloweenies have been seen all over the Internet but not that many folks have posted photographs of the house.  Nancy kindly took photographs of her finished house so you could see the amazing details that she stitched per Amy's instructions. Look at the window right over the front door.  The lantern's glow is actually a pukka shell!


There are two ghouls hiding in the house.  The boy (who has a part in his hair just like my great-grandfather) is lurking in the attic.


The girl ghoul has red curls and a creepy hand with bulging fingers.  She's upstairs on the second floos.


There are ghostly heads peeking out of a main floor window.  I think they are admiring Nancy's perfect hangman's noose!


The front door's wonderful. I love the signature mouse that is on all the pieces of this set, but I have to say what catches my eye is the sheaf of dried stalks to the right and the hardware and architecture of the door itself.  Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful piece, Nancy.  It is going to make your October especially haunting!  LOL

You can still purchase Home Study kits for the Halloween House and the monsters that live there from Amy Bunger's website.  There are little photos of each Halloweenie and also of Amy's framed house at the bottom of the page about them.  Click on the first thumbnail and explore!
http://www.amybunger.com/halloweenies.html

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

7 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Isn't it? I couldn't believe my eyes when Nancy gave in to my whining and sent photos. Amy's really done great with this!

Goldylox99 said...

Oh my! I passed on the Halloweenies because I am still stitching my way through Amy's KCN Nativity, as well as numerous other projects. But, this is fabulous beyond words. I think I need to save up the money and find the time to stitch at least the Haunted House. Thanks so much for sharing, Nancy and Jane. This made my day!!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

This is a big piece and a big commitment of time, money and energy, but it looks great. Nancy did a great job, didn't she? And Amy's ideas are just wonderful.

Goldylox99 said...

I learn so much from Amy's stitch guides. I grumble and fuss $*#&@ when I hit some of the more intricate stitches, but the time and the effort are well worth it. And, often the new stitches or combination of stitches that I learn from her are very useful later in other pieces. Very much well worth the time, money, and energy for the creative capital accrued!

MeganH said...

What a great piece! I don't mean to be weird, but the noose is really cool, wound around the balconey like that, and then hanging down so neatly. And the girl's hair!

Margaret said...

It is great to see the slight variations every needleworker comes up with, even when following the same design and instructions. Thank you Nancy for taking to time to photo and sent the close ups. And you Jane, for making it available to the rest of us.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

e-Rose, I love the noose, too. This is a Halloween piece, so it is appropriate. Kelly Clark had the noose in her original painted canvas, too. So this is just Amy figuring out a way for Nancy to stitch it 3-D.

http://www.kellyclarkneedlepoint.com/node/682