Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Red, White and Blue Needlepointer

The new shop BeStitched (Scottsdale, AZ) has a new blog that showcases their favorite things.   Right now they are having a sale on patriotic canvases.  Check out the wonderful riffs on our flag!
http://bestitchedneedlepoint.com/news-and-updates/sale-time-at-bestitched-needlepoint/

Kelly Clark has a new set of ornaments she calls American Spirit.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-woAz2nC7PSc/TfugVafwPZI/AAAAAAAAACg/WxsOkFhabSQ/s1600/American+Spirit.jpg

Of course Laura Perin has a new charted patriotic piece.  I sense a trend developing here!
http://two-handedstitcher.blogspot.com/2011/06/red-white-blue-i-am-for-you.html

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Hi Jane. I couldn't get the Kelly Clark link to work. Since the 4th is such a big deal in my family, I'm always interested in what folks are doing...thanks for pulling together the list!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I can't get it to work, either and the URL gives no clues about which blog I saw it on. I'm going to have to search each and every blog I follow to see what the correct URL is. Blogspot is having trouble. Kelly's own blog had an article one day, then a second copy of the article the next. The link to the first didn't work any more so I substituted the second URL in a blog article. I think this is happening here and there to many Blogspot users. I also think that it is related to the new version of Blogspot that is being tested. But I have no proof of that. Anyway, if I find the correct URL, I will change it and put UPDATED in this article title. Until then, sorry!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Susan, I've gone through all the shop blogs I generally follow and can't find the entry. I know it was there--I saw it! It is probably on a shop website that I can't follow with the RSS reader, so it will take me a while to find it but when I do, you'll be the first to know.

palma said...

It's a bit complicated but it may work. Do a goole serach for "american spirit, kelly clark" and go to the "images" part. You will be able to see a small picture but if you try to click to make it larger or to go to the website you will get an error message. But it seeems to be the website/blog Jane mentioned.
I could see a bit of it as my computer has a magnifying lens (kindda) and I am so much looking forward to these - lovely patriotic apples and what seems to be flags?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Palma. That works. And it tells me it was on Kelly Clark's blog but has been removed from the blog. I don't know if it will go up again or not.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

While going carefully through Kelly Clark's blog again, I saw that the top photo in this blog entry has a tiny glimpse of the patriotic ornaments (right side).

http://kellyclarkneedlepointhandbook.blogspot.com/2011/06/tnna-summer-wholesale-market_17.html