Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stars (for Glenis)

I'm in a bit of trouble with Glenis, who misses seeing progress on my Stars for the New Millennium piece.  I hope the fact that Liz is gathering threads to get started on her own version will make her happy, particularly since Liz says she's going to pair with Jan at Thread Medley and they will work the project together.
http://lizartblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/stars-for-new-millenium.html

http://threadmedley.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/stars-of-the-new-millennium-by-tony-minieri-colors/

The Spinister Stitcher is busy with her patriotic colors version, too. I love that she is working from the bottom up.  It's a preview for me of the blocks I'll be doing when I get back to this.
http://spinsterstitcher.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-my-mo-ther-is-daft-cow-by-master.html

http://spinsterstitcher.blogspot.com/2011/05/holey-schmoley.html

I really have to get back to it but there are deadlines.  My mother's not getting any younger, you know!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally was able to acquire the Stars book. I took one look at the thread list and closed it again. It'll take me a while to figure out what color scheme I want and then I'll open the book again. But not one second sooner.

K.B.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

KB, the longer I stitch on Stars, the more I'm convinced it can be done in just a trillion shades of cotton floss and perle with metallics thrown in occasinally. Pick your colors and then stitch one square as an ornament experiment, then decide.

Anonymous said...

I think a long, long visit with my quilting stash is in order. Somewhere there is a fabric that will have the perfect color combos in it. Then I'll wrap the fabric up, mail it to Ruth, and beg the Posse to figure it all out for me. --K.B.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sounds like a plan! Stars is a threadaholic's delight but that can be a lot of work. I know several folks who are just figuring it all out a block at a time depending on the type of thread (which Tony lists in the front) recommended and the stitches involved. Tony likes heavier and thicker textures than I do so I often used something smaller in diameter than he wanted as I worked.

Anonymous said...

So far, I'm loving the Spinster Stitcher's patriotic scheme the best. They're all beautiful, but it's tough to beat the classics.--K.B.

Anonymous said...

No deal Jane - I *like* your colours and I want to see YOUR Stars. :-)

That said, I might just watch the aqua-and-copper one, but I'm afraid I really don't like red except on roses so the patriotic ones leave me cold.

Don't fret it Lass - I know all about deadlines and interruptions - but it won't stop me nagging you at regular intervals :-))))

Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for being so understanding, Glenis. Of course I could ship Stars over for the summer and YOU could stitch the next block....

Jane, hiding under the bed where Glenis will never find me - LOL

Anonymous said...

You're inviting The Frog to come and visit...
no-way would my first attempts at a canvas look other than awful next to yours!
Glenis