Saturday, May 21, 2011

Overdyed DMC 4020 or 4030

I had lots of errands to run today and one of them took me close to Michael's, which is one of the big crafts emporium in this area.  So I ducked in to see if any of DMC's Variations line (that is their overdyed floss) will work on the background of the cat topiary garden piece.  I lucked out--both Variations 4020 and the darker 4030 match the background shades of green.  I think 4020 is a better choice because it is lighter but if you happen to have either of these in your stash and you are also going to stitch the cat topiary garden, you might try them and see what you think.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Jane. This is like a scavenger hunt. How fun.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You know, you are right. I hadn't thought about it that way but rummaging in my stash and seeing what I have that works, then posting threads so that anyone else about to stitch this has choices is a bit like a scavenger hunt. It's a bit like a mystery piece, too, except the mystery is that none of us know what will happen next!

Thanks for the thought, Robin. It's a new insight that steers me in a new direction!