Saturday, May 21, 2011

DMC 992 or 993

I received my dede Odgen cat topiary garden in the mail and put it on stretcher bars Thursday.  This canvas comes in 13 and 18 count and I ordered the 18 count, so I needed a set of 15 inch and a set of 17 inch stretcher bars.  I always put my canvases on stretcher bars instead of stitching in hand.

I also picked the background thread--Splendor color #S870 silk floss, which is roughly the same shade as the next to lightest tree color in the background.  If you are shopping for this project, you'll need a floss type thread for the background.  The closest colors in DMC floss to what I choose are DMC 992 or 993, although these colors are more green than the Splendor I picked which is more blue.  If you want a darker shade, you can pick a color from among the medium shades in the background trees but once we finish the background stitching, we are going to do something that will darken all the background color, so don't pick something too dark or your cat topiary garden will be midnight dark!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

No comments: