Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Dog Report

The sun's too bright!
It's been a while since I mentioned the new puppy and folks are asking about him.  Let's just say at almost 64 pounds and with five left feet, Watson's a bit of a handful these days!  He is a sweetheart, though, and fun to work with to make him a pleasant and well-behaved companion.  The squirrels are starting to worry about raiding the bird feeder with Watson on patrol, too, which is really why we wanted a Great Pyrenees.  They keep varmints away from the immediate vicinity.  Living as we do in a mature oak forest with deer, mice, woodpeckers, snakes, raccoons, foxes, ground hogs and the occasional bear and wild cat, this is a good thing.

Patt and Lee's Puppy Love
Speaking of dogs, check out this hilarious but poignant new dog piece from Patt and Lee Designs.  Don't you love the shading of the fancy stitches on the poodle and that gorgeous background?  The mutt is much subtler but he has fancy stitches, too. They are just in a smaller scale so one doesn't notice them at first.  Which is the point!
http://pattandleedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/something-different.html

Patt is writing the stitch guide now so I expect your shop will be able to order this for you in the next month or so.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

6 comments:

palma said...

Thanks for the Watson update. He has always been and still is just adorable. You have snakes? oh boy! dealt with snakes when I lived in Miami and those are the memories I do not cherish. Once a gecko jumped on my shoulder while escaping from a snake and I was face-to-face with the snake. Luckily she was more scared of me and ran off; and I believe she was not poisonous either. But that "frozen in time" moment still gives me the creeps

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Here in CH the snakes and I have an agreement--they stay away from the house and garage and I leave them alone.

Victoria said...

Your Watson is beautiful and it sounds like he has a great life in the outdoors. My dog Miranda has two house cats to chase and a backyard, but he seems happy too. He loves to sit in my lap when I am in the stitching recliner (he is 50 lbs) and I let him get his dog hair all over my work because I love him!

Thank you for all your posts - I feel like I'm keeping up with a whole community and that is good. Your stitching is amazing. Have a good
week.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glad you enjoyed the report, Victoria. It is nice to have a community of stitchers hanging out in my computer since I rarely see one in person. Glad you are one of us. Give Miranda a hug from the varmints in CH and me.

NCPat said...

Watson just gets cuter every time I see him!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

And he's getting BIGGER! He wants to go visit Aunt Pat, by the way. He wants to play with the cat....