Thursday, February 24, 2011

Housekeeping

Over the weekend I went through my Blog photo albums and deleted a bunch of photos.  Blog has a limit of how many photos I can upload and I am at 52% right now.  I took down all the Canvas of the Day photos I could find, plus I removed photos from articles that I thought I could do without.  If you are reading old Blog articles and find a photo missing, that's why.  I just can't keep everything.

If you blog using Blogger, you may want to log into your Picasa web albums also and see if you need to delete photos.  I've found that partial uploads and duplicate photos are common and these stay in your photo album until you manually delete them one by one.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Jane said...

I use blogger, but I seldom upload pictures to picassa; I host my pictures on Flickr and then just grab the link. It is very fast, and keeps picture volume on your blog to a minimum. My Flickr account is paid, but it is only $25 a year, with no limits to the pictures you can upload and store.
Jane
PS: I love following your projects!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the tip, Jane. I decided to go the Picasa album route since it is supported by Google just like Blogger is but when I run out of room and have no other option, I'll try linking to a Flickr album photo.