Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jane Stitches To Everyone's Surprise

Stars with the Gregory Peck Block Underway
The photo shows my progress on Gregory Peck.  After finishing the center shapes that make the star, I started the trellis pattern that fits between each center triangle and flanks the little "wings."  The trellis pattern I found easier to follow by referring to the master chart.  I simply was unable to figure out where things fitted without its help.

There are two more layers of color on top of the purple trellis shapes, but first I have to get each trellis base stitched before I can add the additional layers.

This is quite pretty so far.  I am glad I changed to my overdye for the star shape, however.  The pale terracotta/peach color called for in the instructions would have been less dramatic.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

Yippee! And yes, it is pretty! Stitch faster so I can see the whole thing!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Guess maybe I shouldn't have urged you to stitch faster....

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on Stars!
Just catching-up with Blog after a couple of weeks so must say LOVE the Cranes!

Glenis (whose grandfather was a Crane!)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the welcome back, Glenis. It feels good to stitch and make progress on Stars. So your maternal grandfather's name was Crane? That's an unusual name here in the States. Glad you liked the Temple of 1000 Cranes. We just didn't know it was named after YOU.