Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gregory Peck Beaded

Gregory Peck Block Finished Except for Border Sashing
Last night I finished the corners on my current Stars block and added two violet beads to each corner of the central star.  I thought black beads would work but since I have copper, terracotta and violet beads also, I tried all four colors.  I'm glad I did.  The violet beads were the hands down winners when it came to enhancing Gregory Peck!  (And covering the unsightly holes of the bare canvas that show because the threads I used were slightly thinner than Tony's.)

The last step before I put Stars away again is to complete the sashing around this square.  I hope to do that tonight.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Looking very nice Jane! Like the bead choice.

NCPat said...

Put away again? What is up your sleeve? LOL

Needles Everywhere said...

Beautiful. Your work is wonderful.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Well, when I put away Stars I'll pick up Luna and finish her. After that, well, you'll just have to Stay Tuned....