Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm iPhone Mobile Now

In my march into the 21st Century (dragging my needlepoint behind me in a little red wagon borrowed from Beloved's grandson) I have made Blog "mobile enabled."  This means that if you want to read Blog on your smart phone, it is in a format made specifically for mobile devices.

I actually prefer the usual format when reading blogs on mobile devices.  If you are like me, scroll down to the bottom of the page when using your smart phone and click on "View Web Version" and you'll be back at a regular computer view that shows the column on the right hand side of the page.  You can toggle back to "View Mobile Version" if you change your mind.

For those who blog via Blogger, Google seems to be rolling out this feature to those who use their Blogger in Draft setting.  When it is available for your blog, you'll get a message from Blogger when you log into your account that allows you to turn on the mobile view if you wish.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

3 comments:

Margaret said...

This has nothing to do with smart phones etc, I'm just throwing it in. I was looking through the latest NP Needlepointers magazine which arrived a couple of days ago. The Honorable Mention on page 17 reminded me so much of Barbara's Washington DC Metro System that I wondered if she had seen it. The piece by Katheryn Narron , Capella Palatina, is also a map, even if it is very small and done on 40 count silk gauze. I though it worth mentioning.

Susan Elliott said...

This is great to know! Thanks Jane and Merry Christmas!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Margaret! I haven't gotten my copy yet but when Barbara gets back home after the holidays, I'll point this out to her. Can't wait to see it....