Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stars: Is Deborah Kerr Done?

Deborah Kerr - Is she done or not?
Last night I did the sashing borders around Deborah Kerr and am almost ready to pronounce her Done.  Don't you think that black center needs a few beads?

I've been rummaging in my stash for black and purple and copper baeds, just to see what they look like scattered on top of this square.  It was too overcast and dark yesterday to make up my mind.  It's supposed to be partly sunny this morning so I'll try again later this morning.  Tony's instructions don't call for beads but I think they might add depth to this block.  My colors are violet (A), black (B), terracotta (C), and copper (D), and I've found that using black means you don't have a lot of color variation in the blocks.  I can do texture variation but that is subtle and doesn't show in the photos.

Which means my next project is going to be a REAL challenge!  [Jane drops a hint and exits....]

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

3 comments:

NCPat said...

I have some that are black and have some violet in them.....want them?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, I do! I am having trouble finding violet beads. The ones I've been able to find are all reddish purple.

But only if you aren't going to use them on something.

NCPat said...

Will dig them out tonight and get them in the mail!