Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stars: A Final Glimpse of Deborah Kerr



I added beads to the Deborah Kerr block last night to liven up the black center star.  Since it is all black, the weaving of the oblique ovals that make up the star points isn't really visible, even in person, so I wanted to add a touch of color inside it to make it Pop! off the center.  I think these four little Sundance beads in a pink-peach do the job.  Compare this to yesterday's photo to see what I mean.


Here is the entire Stars for the New Millennium piece so far.  It has been a lot more fun to work than I expected.  I thought I would be grinding my teeth over the counting the entire time but only the last two blocks and the first one gave me enough trouble I had to rip out and restitch areas.

Sorry to have posted this late.  I had to wait until it got light enough to take a photograph of the entire piece and that wasn't until almost 8 a.m.!  Fall is definitely on the way with the dark mornings we've been having.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Robin said...

I agree, Jane... the beads are perfect. They remind me of Pearl Earrings. And who doesn't love some Pearls? Who is the next Star? Oh, and your sneak previews are just wonderful. Lucky you... lucky us.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pearl earrings? How perfect for Deborah Kerr! Nice image, Robin. Glad you are enjoying the thread previews. I have more, just not enough time to post about them.

Anonymous said...

The best so far!
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you, Glenis. She was the hardest for me due to the oblique stitches. But worth every ripping out!