Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And the Winner Is....

The Prize
This is it! I counted 19 people who entered in the drawing for the Mile High Princess Beach Angel kit, which comes with everything you need to stitch her except scissors, and also includes Ruth Dilt's Needlepoint 202 to help you figure out the next painted canvas.

The entrants range from an 11-year-old who wants to learn whose grandmother entered for her to a very experienced stitcher who collects painted canvases but is afraid to try them.  I wish I could give a kit to everyone.  I had no idea there were so many painted canvas novices lurking in my computer!

I went to random.org and used the true random number generator box on the right side of the page, asking for a number between 1 and 19.  The result was eight, so I went to my list of entrants and counted up from the bottom (the first person who entered) and found that SueStitch was the winner.

HURRAH!  Congratulations to Sue Stitch!

Please email me the mailing address and I'll get the package in the mail to you either today or tomorrow, depending on how quickly you get back to me.  I'm at chilly hollow athotmail dot com.

Many thanks to Dale at Canvases Be Gone for donating the kit, thanks to Mimi for donating the Dilts book, and thanks to Becky for letting me use photos of her finished Beach Angel to entice you guys into entering.  You guys are The Best!

For the rest of you, the only difference between you and me when it comes to painted canvases is that I am fearless.  I don't mind ripping out and trying again.  I don't mind looking like an idiot in public here in Blog.  I am fearless when it comes to stitching.

I don't climb mountains, I don't race motorcycles, I don't do marathons, I don't do deep sea diving.  My adventure is needlepoint.  Come join me.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

NCPat said...

This was an excellent idea and I may have some others to send to you to do the same.....want them?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

That would be lovely, Pat, but let's wait a while. I don't want to do endless contests. Maybe just before Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Jane, I have to be honest. One of the big reasons I have never done a painted canvas is the cost involved. I love doing the counted canvas work because it is much more reasonably priced. I really was hoping to win this giveaway so I could try out a painted canvas, but it was not to be. But then I guess everyone who entered wanted to win, too!

Congratulations to SueStitcher! I hope she enjoys her new canvas. It would be fun if we could see a photo of it when she is done.

I love following your blog, watching your work develop. Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Jane

My granddaughter is going to be thrilled to receive the canvas. Yes, we will send a picture when it is done.

Thanks

Sue VanderNoor

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Excellent! We are thrilled that a young stitcher won.