Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stars: Finishing Cary Grant


Last night I finished the Cary Grant block, after struggling with the final corners for three days.  It looks great, though.  I just have to stitch the sashing line below the block and I can put this away for a bit.  I am not going to do the right side border until all the blocks are done.  It is just too confusing to stitch the border down to the point the current stitching ends, then pick it up later.  Better to wait until everything else is done, then I can finish the borders without touching them to reach inside to stitch a star block.

The color is off in the photo above but I'm not sure why.  Perhaps it was too bright early this morning when I took it?  Regardless, Cary Grant is the block on the second row, right end.

I'll be talking about my new project which I've already started tomorrow.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

7 comments:

NCPat said...

Thanks for the picture of what all is done....great to see how it all ties together and on that note, I will shut the duck up! LOL

Sara Leigh said...

Wow! You really got through that pretty quickly. I'm anxious to get back to Stars now that I've finally finished Florentine Fancywork, which I'm mailing out today.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good for you, Sara Leigh. I know you were really struggling to meet the deadline on FF. But now that you have it done, you can have a little fun.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pat, you crack me up.

NCPat said...

I just don't know where that smart alec comes from!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

loud snickering is heard coming from Chilly Hollow

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

By the way, the canvas that Pat and I are laughing over is this barely safe for work one by Renaissance Designs.

http://www.needlenookoflajolla.com/storedir/proddetail.php?prod=mp144