Saturday, September 4, 2010

Patt and Lee: 73 to 90

The Winner!
When I add up the votes sent privately or in the Comments section with those cast in the poll, the final count is Asian Inspirations Sampler 73, Pirate Cat 90.  The Pirate Cat Wins!  


[Shut up, Marianne.  I can hear you saying, "I told you so" all the way down here and it is distracting.]


I'll be starting on the Patt and Lee Pirate Cat later this weekend.  First, I need to get my raspberry and cream Nerdlepoint finished.


Win This By Commenting
I know the Asian Inspiration Sampler folks are disappointed but I have a treat for you, too. Through the generosity of Patt herself, I am able to send the canvas off to a new home instead of returning it to the designer.


If you love the Asian sampler best, just comment here.  Wednesday I will use a random number generator to pick one of the comments as the winner and ship the Asian Inspiration Sampler off to you, courtesy of Patt and Lee Designs.  If the Comments section doesn't work for you, not to worry.  Just email me at chillyhollowat hotmail dot com and I will add you into the contest.


Many thanks to everyone who voted on what adventure I head out on next.  And even more thanks to Patt and Lee Designs, who graciously put up with me and sent off the canvases for me to blog stitch for your enjoyment, then said it would be ok to give the spare canvas away to a Blog reader.  It is very kind of you!


Now I'm off to make copies of the Pirate Cat canvas that I'll need once the stitching commences.  See you back here later.


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

12 comments:

Odette said...

I was really hoping that the Asian sampler was going to win! It has such potential. The gold fish are inspirational!

judy said...

Thanks for letting us help choose! Both are great canvases! The Asian Sampler has great colors and opportunities!

Summer said...

Asian sampler is very elegant. That's why it had my vote! ;)

NCPat said...

Wow! I am surprised but then I like them both and knew you would do a good job on either. However, please don't enter me in the contest! I am still destashing right along!

NewNeedlepoint.com said...

marianne smiles a small smile, gracious as the winner but secretly O so pleased to have won the bet

m

plnc said...

I voted for the Asian :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't want the canvas (thanks all the same) but I vote you send the spare canvas to Jane at chilly-hollow; I'm sure she'll do an excellent job of stitching it creatively...
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I wasn't going to comment here and complicate picking a winner, but I have to say that Glenis is naughty. I might put her in the drawing regardless!

Jane, being naughty herself in CH

BFromM said...

I voted for the cat, but I love both designs.

Beth

Donna said...

I voted for the Pirate Cat, but it sure would be interesting to see what Jane could do with the Asian Inspirations!!!

Skysmylimit said...

I'm with Summer - I think the Asian canvas IS elegant. However, I'm sure you'll have fun with the cat, too! Enjoy!

Juels said...

OK, OK, I entered the giveaway on the wrong post. Fnaaly occured to me to look further. I think this is a lovely design, and had I not been late to the poll, it would have gotten another vote (late to the poll, comments on the wrong post, hummm see a pattern here?). Anyway, please count me in! Thank you!