Sunday, September 5, 2010

Basic Black or Hot Pink and Orange?


Last night I started to finish my Nerdlepoint canvas.  I trimmed the unstitched canvas all the way around the design about 8 threads from the stitched edge, then turned each raw edge under and pressed it with my fingers.  (Once you have a crease set in the edges, it is easier to hem the raw edges to the back side.)  I clip the corners off, then refold the edges back and start to stitch the corner folds together with sewing thread.  In the photo above you see my thread and regular sewing needle in the left corner.  The background is one of the tote bags I'm considering attaching this to.


Here are the two tote bag choices:  a black and white sturdy canvas one from the bookstore in the nearest town and a hot pink mesh bag with orange handle lining and base I picked up cheap from a chain store last fall suitable for the farmer's market or for carrying beach essentials.

I think the black tote looks best with Nerdlepoint but I'll decide later today after I've had time to think over the choices.  Then I hope to have time to whip stitch it to the front of my chosen bag.  I'll need a sharp, sturdy needle and my thimble, though!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

No comments: