Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Grinning Border


Not too many borders are as cheerful (in a macabre way) as the one I finished last night for the iPhone case.  No, I didn't work on Cha again.  We are busy cleaning up a tree that went down in the storm that took our power out last week and I was just too tired to do anything besides a simple charted pattern.  Maybe today I'll get back to Cha if we don't finish clearing away the treetops and stacking the part of the tree that is suitable for firewood.  I am getting too old to do physical labor and still be able to sit and concentrate on needlepoint later.  Sigh.  Oh, well, the mess is almost cleaned up.

As you can see, the top border on one side is finished.  I also positioned the first motif in the border that will continue to the other side of the iPhone case while I had the count down.  Then I finished the grid on one side and have started filling it in with large Xs.  Once they are all done, a large + sign goes on top of the X in each box.  I'm using the new holographic Kreinik for the border but a regular purple Kreinik in size 4 braid for the background pattern.

This is easy stitching as long as you don't totally zonk out while doing it.  Just what I needed last night!

I'm getting nostalgic for the endless tent stitch background on Cha.  At least I was making progress on that design but didn't have to think while I was working it.  Here's wishing you some mindless relaxing stitching of your own today....

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

Great border! She is going to love this!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I can't take credit for the design of the border or the single floating skulls--those are the work of Goose Fairy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67828223@N00/3268797153/sizes/z/

I just picked the threads and decided to pair SharonG's brocade variation with Goose Fairy's design to create something that might appeal to a kid who loves these things. And if she doesn't, well, I think YOU need a smart phone and case, right? LOL

NCPat said...

LOL, not another way for them to get to me!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You don't have to turn the phone on....