Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stars: Doesn't Look Like Much


...but doing the four corners of pattern couching in the Clark Gable block took me almost six hours!  It would have taken less time if I wasn't constantly interrupted as I stitch, if I'd realized that I was using the wrong base thread on the second quadrant before I had four rows in, and if I could count correctly the first time, but it is done and it looks very nice.  You can see the shading of the charcoal to black threads in the kite shaped area from the previous step in this photo well, also.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

Pierrette =^..^= said...

It looks wonderful :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

NCPat said...

Six hours is a lot, but it is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Take a look at Julia's Needleworks, particularly the canvases by Gina B. Many of them would make a great canvas of the day or one of monthly suggestion canvases. Houses on the Hill looks so much fun!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Anon. I almost didn't post this message (all messages are moderated by me, which is why you won't see your comment turn up here until I am able to log in and ok it) as it might be advertising but what the heck. Anon is probably just trying to point out some fun things s/he found.

Here's the link to the Julia's site and Gina B's work. You will have to copy/paste it since links inside Comments are not clickable and I can't make them that way.

http://needleworks.ehclients.com/index.php/gallery-gina-b/

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pattern couching takes FOREVER, Pat. But it is pretty when done. Actually, the purple triangles are my favorite part of this block so far.