Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kimono Cyberclass Updated Again

Remember that I mentioned the three mini cyberclasses that Janet Perry is offering?  I have an update for you--a photo of the first class's finished kimono.   The painted canvas is from Patt and Lee Designs.  Janet has chosen the stitches.  The first class starts April 1 so if you want to learn a bit more about fancying up your needlepoint, or if you know a beginner who'd enjoy this class, head over to Janet's blog to sign up.
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com/textured-stitch-cyberclass


UPDATE #2 - Here is the stitched second kimono for class #2 which is going to be about shading.



Update #3:  Below is the third kimono finished.



More details can be found on Janet Perry's blog.
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com/cyberclass-on-needlepoint-shading-starting-may-15


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating. You're almost making me want to take up [U.S. version] needlepoint. Stop it, Jane - I have enough XST UFOs without starting Something Else.
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sorry, Glenis. I am trying to get to Goddess Enabler status. I'm just your poor master enabler here in the States.

We should talk about the differences between U.S. and British NP some day....

Erica said...

Well, your enabling worked North of the border - I'm all signed up and just patiently awaiting my canvases. I'm off to buy the fibres later this week. It just had to be a kimono class.... *sigh*

RobinG said...

Oooh .... I signed up for this class several days ago and I've already ordered the threads and fibers. I can hardly wait. And Jane, you're solidly ensconced as the Goddess Enabler in my book. Thanks (I think) to you, I've also ordered the Candy Cane Dog and the Buddha Cat .... and then I wonder why I always seem to have such a large stash of unfinished (read: not even started) canvases. My lovely, long-suffering husband wonders, too. Please don't tell me you're about to start something really big, like a rug, lest I be forced to hide my stitching operations to the garage. All the best, Indiana Robin

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sorry, Robin. Apologize to your husband on my behalf.