Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Stars: Threads Used in the Corners


I've been asked what threads I am using, so I'll post the threads I used as I finish each section.  Note that I added 36 threads to my Stash Credits total right up front but I will continue to add threads to that number as I choose others besides the main threads I have selected.  In some cases I am going to use one B2 thread in one section but choose another thread to act as B2 in another section.

A1 - violet Impressions 6042
B1 - black Soie Crystale 0020
C1 - terra cotta Pebbly Perle P14
D1 - copper metallic DMC metallic floss S279

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

Did you strand your Pebbly Perle? Tony says to use 1 strand, which a number of people in the group chose not to do. I decided to try it and find you can barely see it once you finish the rest of the corner. I'm not happy with other aspects of the corner, so I will probably be ripping out what I stitched last night. I'll be posting a picture of it in its current state on my blog today because looking at it online, I sometimes see things I don't see IRL. Hahahahaha.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

SK, yes I untwisted my Pebbly Perle and I used three plies in the big corners. I am also plying it for my little sash corners. (3 plies for the big X and 2 for the small cross)

I too find my scanner or the camera sees things I don't. I think we get so used to seeing what we stitch that we don't notice things well sometimes.

I'll be sure to check your blog to see what you worked out.